Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I've finally caved in...

...and decided to start a blog. I've been hearing so much about social media lately and how it is radically changing the way we communicate. I was resistant at first - I've heard about studies indicating that twitter and all the information we're constantly bombarded with can negatively affect our ability to empathize and experience compassion, as in the following article:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/04/twitcompassion/

And don't forget how hard it is for anyone to focus these days... However, I attended a conference on social media last week that made me start to think about it in a different way. I realized it can be a platform for generating inspiration and creating compassion - a place where people can share their stories and perhaps change the world.

My goal in starting this blog is obviously to promote my jewelry line Suzanna Dai, but more importantly, it's to share my inspirations and travel stories, and hopefully encourage everyone to share theirs too!


No comments: